Sautéed Chicken w/ Alfredo Sauce
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk, or more, as needed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Within the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and garlic powder until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan until well combined, about 1 minute. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed.
- Stir in pasta, broccoli and chicken. Gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
So easy, so creamy and just so simple to whip up in 30 minutes from start to finish – perfect for those busy weeknights!
Servings Per Container 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 523.4Calories from Fat 172.8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19.2g30%
Saturated Fat 9.2g46%
Trans Fat 0.3g
Total Carbohydrate 53.3g18%
Dietary Fiber 1.9g8%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.