Baked Chicken & Wild Mushroom
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 5-6 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in chicken broth, thyme, oregano and basil. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes. Set aside chicken; reserving juices in the pan.
- Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan and mustard. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately, topped with mushroom mixture.
The most flavorful chicken topped with the creamiest mushroom sauce. An easy meal for those busy weeknights!